When it comes to the giving spirit, you can have it in abundance even if you’re on a budget. Many people donate during the holiday season, but charities and nonprofit organizations are in need year-round. Whatever your cause of choice, generosity doesn’t have to be shown in dollars.
Here are some ways you can make a difference:
- Donate blood or plasma.
- Volunteer your time when you can. Visit volunteermatch.com.
- Give your gently used items to resale or distribution centers.
- Walk dogs and clean cages at the local animal shelter.
- Sign up to be a mentor or tutor.
- Visit with residents at an elder care facility.
- Clean out your pantry and give unexpired, unopened goods to the food bank.
- Do a park cleanup with friends.
- Recycle bottles and cans and donate the cash.
- Do yard work or chores for neighbors who are unable.